Jump to navigation
The Hagley Digital Archives provides online access to selected items from the Hagley Library's collection of images, documents, and publications related to the history of business, technology, and society.
Clinton furnace with high line, Clinton Iron and Steel Company (Pittsburgh, Pa.)
Keller, Albert T.
The furnace was located on Carson St., on the south side of Pittsburgh.
Built by Graff, Bennett & Company in 1859 and was the first successful blast furnace built in Pittsburgh. Later purchased by the Clinton Iron and Steel Company in 1889. Operations ended in 1927.
Historical information for this item has been modified from what appears with the physical item by Hagley staff.
Stock housesSkip hoistsBlast furnacesRailroads, ElevatedStorage facilitiesBlast furnaces--CombustionHoisting machineryIndustrial buildings
1 photographic print : b&w
Audiovisual Collections and Digital Initiatives Department, Hagley Museum and Library
American Iron and Steel Institute photographs and audiovisual materials (Accession 1986.268)
Series II, Box 19, Folder 118
[Description and dates], Hagley ID, Box/folder number, American Iron and Steel Institute photographs and audiovisual materials (Accession 1986.268), Audiovisual Collections and Digital Initiatives Department, Hagley Museum and Library, Wilmington, DE 19807
Access to this item is provided for educational and research purposes only. The user assumes responsibility for obtaining permission from the copyright holder to publish or distribute this image. If you would like more information, please contact email@example.com