Jump to navigation
The Hagley Digital Archives provides online access to selected items from the Hagley Library's collection of images, documents, and publications related to the history of business, technology, and society.
Side and rear exterior view of Bridgeville White School with 1932 addition
Original building was 18 40-person classrooms, 4 20-person classrooms, auditorium, stage and dressing rooms, teachers' room, and principals office suites. There were boys' and girls' toilets on each floor. Building also contained 3 store rooms, boiler room, coal storage, electric service, kitchen, kitchen store room and cafeteria. Original building measured 570,500 cubic feet, while the addition added 120,000 cubic feet. The addition to the school, which is visible in the center of this photograph, included 3 grade class rooms, an art room, and typing and bookkeeping section.
#90 - B-9 on the Franklin Map of 1930.
Initial construction began on May 1, 1930 and was completed on May 1, 1931 at a cost of $204,759.65. Construction of the new addition began on August 17, 1932 and was completed on April 20, 1933 at a cost $34,344.00
Segregation in education--DelawareEducation, Elementary
Delaware School Auxiliary AssociationDu Pont, Pierre S. (Pierre Samuel), 1870-1954--Contributions in education.
1 gelatin silver print : b&w
Audiovisual Collections and Digital Initiatives Department, Hagley Museum and Library
Delaware School Auxiliary Association photographs (Accession 1969.044)
[Description and dates], Hagley ID, Box/folder number, Delaware School Auxiliary Association photographs (Accession 1969.044), Audiovisual Collections and Digital Initiatives Department, Hagley Museum and Library, Wilmington, DE 19807
Access to this item is provided for educational and research purposes only. The user assumes responsibility for obtaining permission from the copyright holder to publish or distribute this image. If you would like more information, please contact email@example.com