Jump to navigation
The Hagley Digital Archives provides online access to selected items from the Hagley Library's collection of images, documents, and publications related to the history of business, technology, and society.
Front and side exterior view of Delmar White School with 1934 addition
The two-story addition is attached to the existing structure and included two general classrooms, and art classroom, library, chemistry classroom, music room, bookkeeping room, typewriting room, woodshop and tool room, and cafeteria with kitchen.
#163 B-11 on the Franklin Map of 1930. The school was located in Sussex County, Delaware on or near Rt. 13 near the state border with Maryland.
Construction of the addition began on March 27, 1934 and was completed on April 5, 1935 at a cost of $72,480.00.
Segregation in education--DelawareEducation, Elementary
Delaware School Auxiliary AssociationDu Pont, Pierre S. (Pierre Samuel), 1870-1954--Contributions in education.
1 gelatin silver print : b&w
Audiovisual Collections and Digital Initiatives Department, Hagley Museum and Library
Delaware School Auxiliary Association photographs (Accession 1969.044)
[Description and dates], Hagley ID, Box/folder number, Delaware School Auxiliary Association photographs (Accession 1969.044), Audiovisual Collections and Digital Initiatives Department, Hagley Museum and Library, Wilmington, DE 19807
Access to this item is provided for educational and research purposes only. The user assumes responsibility for obtaining permission from the copyright holder to publish or distribute this image. If you would like more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org