Culley Family Cinecraft Productions Collection

About this collection

Cinecraft Productions was founded in 1939 by Ray Culley (1904-1983) and Betty (Buehner) Culley (1914-2016) in Cleveland, Ohio. Ray Culley served as president of the company and producer on many Cinecraft films until his retirement in 1970. During his tenure, Cinecraft specialized in commercial productions for business, industry, trade organizations, and, in some cases, government agencies and social service organizations. Cinecraft was one among hundreds of production houses in the U.S. during the middle decades of the 20th century that specialized in a motion pictures commonly referred to as non-theatrical, industrial, business and/or sponsored films. While ownership has changed twice since its founding, Cinecraft is still in business and rightfully claims itself the “country's longest standing corporate film & video production house.”

    This collection has not been digitized in its entirety. For more information and a detailed description of the collection, click here to view the finding aid.
    Image: Cinecraft Founders Ray Culley (behind the camera) and Betty Culley (holding script). Circa 1940

Search Collection