Maxim Silencer Company photographs

About this collection

The Maxim Silencer Company was the first company to manufacture gun silencers for commercial use. The company was founded in 1908 as the Maxim Silent Firearms Company by Hiram Percy Maxim (1869-1936) in Hartford, Connecticut. In 1912 Maxim incorporated his business as the Maxim Silencer Company. Maxim was an engineer and inventor. This small collection consists of photographs of rifles with silencers, the company's World War II Army E. Navy award ceremony, and a few images of Hiram Percy Maxim and his son Hiram Hamilton Maxim. For a detailed description of the entire collection, click here to view the finding aid.

    Image: Hiram Percy Maxim and his first gun silencer with group, circa 1908. Click here to view.

Search Collection

Pages

Pages