RCA Victor Camden/Frederick O. Barnum III records

About this collection

    The Radio Corporation of America was incorporated in Delaware on October 17, 1919, and changed its name to RCA Corporation on May 9, 1969. For over fifty years it was one of the country’s leading manufacturers and vendors of radios, phonographs, televisions, and a wide array of consumer and military electronics products.
    The The RCA Victor Camden/Frederick O. Barnum III records (Accession 2069) collection consists of three series: Secretary's files; B.L. Aldridge files; and the Camden Technical Library files. The collection is largely RCA technical reports, standards, engineering notebooks, manuals and miscellaneous publications.
    These records were salvaged by company historian Frederick O. Barnum III from the RCA Camden Plant's photo lab after the plant had been vacated by successor company Martin Marietta Corporation in April 1993. The collection has not been digitized in its entirety.
    Image: RCA Manufacturing Co., Camden, NJ, 1936. Click here to view in the Frederick O. Barnum III collection of RCA Victor Company negatives collection.

Search Collection