Wawaset Park collections

About this collection

    Designed by Baltimore architect Edward L. Palmer (1877-1952) in the tradition of Frederick Law Olmstead, Wawaset Park was a planned residential community built by the DuPont Company around 1918 for its executives in Wilmington, Delaware. The community featured a park-like setting with curvilinear streets. In 1986, the historic district of Wawaset Park and its 321 buildings were added to the National Register of Historic Places.
    This digital collection features selections from the Wawaset Park photographs (Accession 1969.162) collection, which documents the 1919 construction of homes and overall views of area, street scenes, and pictures of individual houses. This collection has not been digitized in its entirety.
    One small accession, the Wawaset, Wilmington, Delaware, general plan (Accession 2022) has been included in full.
    Image: House on MacDonough Road, panorama detail.

Search Collection