Wawaset Park photographs

About this collection

Designed by Baltimore architect Edward L. Palmer in the tradition of Frederick Law Olmstead, Wawaset Park was a planned residential community built by the DuPont Company around 1918 for its executives in Wilmington, Delaware. The community featured a park-like setting with curvilinear streets. In 1986, the historic district of Wawaset Park and its 321 buildings were added to the National Register of Historic Places. Taken in 1919, the photographs in this collection document the construction of the neighborhood. The collection has not been digitized in its entirety. For a detailed description of the entire collection, click here to view the finding aid.

    Image: House on MacDonough Road, panorama detail.Click to view

Search Collection